These resources are for your benefit. I hope you find them useful.
- Epidemic of a Phantom Disease. There is no proof that "attention deficits" in childeren are anything but normal human variants
- Unhappily Ever After: Why a bad marriage may be better for your children than a good divorce
- Feds Recommend Warnings on ADHD Drugs
- FDA Asks Attention-Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) Drug Manufacturers to Develop Patient Medication Guides
ADHD is a very emotive issue and people have polarised views about it's diagnosis and treatment. My view is to be fully informed before making any decisions.
- Video Part 1: The Truth about ADHD.
- Video Part 2: Diagnosis and the True Nature of Children.
- The Exclusive Inclusive Employment Hub. Focuses on good jobs for people with ADHD: https://incluzy.com/
- Most Astonishing Health Disaster of the 20th Century. Our health is one of our most vital asset. This video from YouTube is food for thought.
- Really Achieve Your Childhood Dreams. Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch, who is dying from pancreatic cancer, gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving talk, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.
Courses and Programs
- Wealth Beyond Reason - The Truth about the Law of Attraction
- To Come
- To Come
Links to Useful Websites
- Men's Health, Information Resource Centre
- Beyond Blue - the national depression initiative
- Depressionnet - A comprehensive 24/7 resource of information help and peer support for those touched by depression.
- Black Dog Institute - Depression and Bipolar Information Australia
- Help for Depression provides a very comprehensive explanation of the various approaches and treatments for depression as a critical starting point for individuals and/or their loved ones
- Andrology Australia: Providing information on male reproductive health.
- Conflict Resolution Network
- Blue Pages - Depression Information
- Mens Wellbeing - Men's Health and Wellbeing Association Queensland
- Mensline 24 Hour help & men's services directory
- Mensline Forum - A great place to discuss issues with other men
- Getup! Action for Australia (for the politically minded)
- The Simultaneous Policy is a peaceful strategy to democratically drive all the world's nations to apply global solutions to global problems, including combatting global warming and environmental destruction, regulating economic globalisation for the good of all, and delivering social justice, peace and security, and sustainable propersity.
- Murray A. Straus - Professor of Sociology and Co-Director Family Research Laboratory. This site contains extensive research into family violence and abuse.
- Killology Research Group: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill.
- Zero to Three: Practical Information for Parents.
- Circle of Security. This site has some great information and resources on parenting. The information and resources are based on Attachment Theory.
- Alliance for Human Research Protection. The Alliance for Human Research Protection (AHRP) is a national network of lay people and professionals dedicated to advancing responsible and ethical medical research practices, to minimizizing the risks associated with such endeavors and to ensuring that the human rights, dignity and welfare of human subjects are protected.
- Leading American Psychiatrist Calls DSM IV Diagnostic Method Dehumanizing.
- Financial Ties between DSM-IV and the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Successful Schizophrenia. Quote from this website: "Our mission is to help psychiatry (for its own good) free itself from the delusions that keep it from being an effective medical speciality and to provide proof that thousands of people are right when they say they are NOT mentally ill". See "Models of Madness"
- DNA Bio Service. DNA Testing of all types, our simple DNA test offers you Peace of Mind concerning all DNA Paternity testing issues, DNA tests can be carried in the privacy of your own home with our DNA test kit. We also offer court approved DNA testing services requiring legal documentation for Child support issues. We are proudly BASED in Australia. Your DNA testing samples are analysed in Australia following strict Australian guidelines imposed by the Australian Government regulator NATA .
- Enhanced Healing Through Relaxation Music. Relaxation music, positive affirmations and online counselling for reducing stress and anxiety, promoting health, wellness and healing and improving self esteem.
- Natural Health Management - 100% Natural stress management program to help suffers find lasting relief from anxiety, depression and stress quickly without antidepressant drugs.
- The Story of Stuff. What is the story of stuff? From its extraction through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view. The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever.
- Welfare at Work. A UK site offering impartial advice on workplace issues & welfare.
- SelfGrowth.com. SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self Improvement, Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet. It is designed to be an organized directory, with articles and references to thousands of other Web Sites on the World Wide Web.
- www.socialworksearch.com/ Social Work Search is an online searcheable database devoted to the Social Work profession. It has links to websites and jobs of interest to social workers and other helping professionals.