The greatest love affair that you will ever have is with yourself. The sad truth is that it’s far more common to fantasise about finding your soulmate than connecting with who you are.
Self-love is the foundation for many blessings in our lives. It sets a precedence for how we allow others to treat us, the decisions that we make and our outlook on life. When we feel love for ourselves, the world loves us back.
Be completely honest with yourself and answer this, do you truly love yourself? Do you know your worth? Do you set healthy boundaries with other people?
Everybody should answer yes to these questions with confidence, however many don’t. It’s a sad fact that so many of us have unhealthy relationships with ourselves. So how can we resolve this and change this negative mindset?
The more that we speak positive, loving affirmations to ourselves, the more we feel it inside. Affirmations can bring us endless joy and abundance. They can dissolve negative beliefs and instil a sense of happiness and peace.
It is essential to our wellbeing that we only entertain positive thoughts about ourselves. If you think negatively then you will bring more into your experience.
Common limiting beliefs are:
‘I’m not good enough’
‘I’m not worthy’
‘They could never love me’
‘I hate myself’
Every one of those statements does you a disservice. They create resentment and hostility toward oneself that is counterproductive to our development. If you’re guilty of having similar beliefs then love is the answer.
Use loving affirmations to turn your life around. Become the best version of yourself and think nothing less than what you are. From this moment on, make it your mission to fall in love with yourself.
If you need some ideas for self-love affirmations then use our tried and tested favourites:
- I love every inch of my body
- I am perfect in every way
- I celebrate myself every day
- Being me is the best feeling in the world
- I look, feel and I am absolutely amazing
- I am an amazing (woman/man/person)
- I am enough
- I know my self worth
- I respect and value myself
- I am undeniably beautiful
- Damn! I’m an absolute knockout!
- Every day my potential increases
- I radiate with confidence
- I comfortably set my boundaries with others
- I feel so happy and at peace in my own company
- I treat myself with love and care
- Every day is a new opportunity to show the world my greatness
- I am a superstar
- I believe in myself
- I am capable of achieving my dreams
- The world is my oyster and I am the pearl
- I am a positive example to myself and others
- I am always kind to myself
- I understand that the present moment is the only moment that matters
- I forgive myself and others
- My mental and emotional health is important to me
- I surround myself with people that care about my wellbeing
- I am happy to invest in myself
- I believe that I deserve everything that I desire
- I can manifest anything that I want, easily and effortlessly
- I am thriving each and every day
- I have a lot to offer
- I am a catch
- I add so much joy to this world
- I express myself in a way that is authentic to me
- I am loved, respected and admired
- I am intelligent and highly intuitive
- I am blessed by the Universe
- My body is a temple
- When I look in the mirror I love what I see
- I am lovable
- I listen to my body
- I am proud to be who I am
- I am my best friend
- It is an honour being me
- I practice self-care regularly
- I am a strong person who can face any obstacle
- I am always learning, growing and developing
- I have a beautiful soul
- I know how to speak my mind
- My opinion is valid and valuable
- I approve of myself
- I attract miracles every day
- I am open to change
- I have a high self-esteem
- I adore myself
- I look up to myself
- I expect people to treat me well
- I know what I have to offer
- I am incredible, magnificent and extraordinary
- I am pure magic!
- There is no one else like me, and that’s a good thing
- Success is my birthright
- It is ok for me to love myself
- My beauty is astounding
- I look great naked
- I look amazing in clothes, too!
- I like who I am and who I am becoming
- I am so talented, I have unique skills that make me an asset
- People like me and value my presence
- I spread joy everywhere I go
- I am whole and complete
- I am full of life
- The world is a better place with me in it
- I deserve to be happy
- There is more to me than what meets the eye
- The more I get to know myself, the deeper I fall in love
- I am wonderful
- I am abundant
- I am a light in this Universe
When you use these affirmations feel it deep within. Let the words flow through you and affect you to your core. They are more than just positive statements, they are the basis of the new you.
With these affirmations, you will upgrade your beliefs. No longer will you be judgemental or unkind to yourself. You will recognise the God or Goddess that lies within.
Every negative belief that you have about yourself is a lie. You are the most powerful being in this world – we all are! We make up the fabric of the Universe and together we create our own experiences.
Self Love Summary
Once you start to believe these affirmations you won’t look back. Why life with negative beliefs when you can prosper with positive thoughts. There is no denying which one is better – choose joy and happiness.
Love yourself and continue to do so no matter what is happening around you. Know your worth and stand tall. Be proud of who you are and show the world what you are made of.